Home Forums General discussion Possible new resident…..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sam Young 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nicole Robinson

Good morning everyone,

I am hoping to have some feedback on Warrington

I have a chance of moving to the village but don’t really know an awful lot about the area, I have a short list of questions and would be very grateful if anyone could answer them

Do the schools provide transport for children?
    Is there a local nursery?
    Is there many children in the village?
    Local park?
    Wheres the nearest shop for basics?
    Nearest town?

Thank you 😊

#4192 Reply

Nicole Robinson

Sorry predictive text that was meant to say Wardington not Warrington.

#4234 Reply

Harry

Hi Nicole,
    My wife and I recently moved into the village and can give you the odd bit of info:

Nearest Town is Banbury – 5-10min Drive Away. Nearest shops are either Middleton Cheney (Londis Store, another store, petrol station, post office, Takeaways, etc). There is a little shop at Cropredy too. Both of these are ~5mins drive away. A bit further north (~10mins) there is Byfield that has a co-op, petrol station, etc.). Big supermarkets wise, Banbury on this nearer side has a Big M&S and a Tesco not too far in. And there is a Sainsburys and Morrisons a bit further into town. There are 1 or 2 pubs in the village. And a big antiques center and garden center.

I can’t really comment on the children side of things, but we will be looking into this soon as my wife is 4mnths pregnant! I have seen a school bus drop off at the Hare & Hounds junction everyday, but cant remember the school name. In the upper part of the village there is the village hall, cricket ground and a bit of a play area.

Hope some of this helps, many thanks.
    Harry.

#4272 Reply

Sam Young

Dear Nicole,
    My Family and I have lived in Upper Wardington for just over 3 years, and love it. There is lots of community and it is very friendly. Lots of activities happening as part of the pub, the church and the village hall including things as quiz nights, film nights, clubs and classes Christmas events and Summer fete.

The nearest Nurseries are in Banbury (10 minute drive) and I think there are primary schools in surrounding villages (Chacombe, Cropredy, Chipping Warden), and a Secondary school in Middleton Cheney.

There are a few children in the village and good play park at the rear of the Village Hall to entertain them, which backs onto the football and cricket pitches.

May be meet you in the future?
    Sam Young

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Possible new resident…..
Your information: